We had quite the day!! We got out the door this morning, heading to church with SEVEN children ages 7 and under (We were taking care of my friends 3 kids - a 2mth old and 2 year old twins). I thought things were going pretty well...we were even a little early. Tom put the baby into my friends car which I was going to drive with her three kids. Our kids were sitting nicely in our van all buckled and ready to go. We looked at each other and realized we didn't have the keys to the van. Where do you think they were?? INSIDE THE LOCKED HOUSE! Oh Great!! Tom checked all the doors and windows and there was no way to get inside. We decided just to have our kids jump in my friends vehicle so we could get to church and we'd deal with it later. Thankfully...we did have all 7 kids in the car and didn't leave any in the house. Although, Tom made a good point...it would have been nice if we would have left Bradley in he house because he could have unlocked it and let us in. =) I thought I had given a key to our house to a friend so after church we went over to their church to see if they had one and unfortunately they didn't. So, a friend from our church who works at the Fire Department offered to help us out by breaking into the house.
He brought over his tools and the plan was to knock the doorknob off and for everything to come out with it and the door open. We'll it didn't go as planned. The doorknob came off after a couple hits with an ax, but everything else stayed in the door. So, he had to try something else which took alot more work and alot more banging with different tools. It didn't take too long but it wasn't as smooth as planned and it tore up part of the door frame.
In the meantime, I watched the 7 kids in the backyard and Tom went and picked us up some lunch to eat once we got inside the house. It was quite and event as you can imagine. Not something I would recommend but it felt like this would really be our life if we had 7 kids. WOW...I'm thinking 4 is a good number for us. =)
Once we got in, I got the kids fed and worked on getting the youngest four kids down for a nap. That didn't go real smooth either...the baby wasn't interested in sleeping. I on the other hand, was really interested. =)
The next step was to find a new doorknob. We called all my co-workers that have keys to the store (which is closed on Sunday) but we weren't able to get ahold of anyone. So, Tom went to Walmart to see what he could find, but they didn't have what we needed. When he was there, one of my co-workers called and said she could meet him at my work and let him in to get a new doorknob. What a blessing!! In the midst of all this Tom got a call from job #2 asking if he'd work tonight from 6 - 10 and be on call after that til 8AM tomorrow morning. He said he'd go in so we had a couple hours to finish fixing our house trouble. He got the doorknob and then we had to call around to try to find a certain tool he needed to patch up the doorway and thankfully the Lord brought someone to mind after several other trys. So then Tom drove out to Sodaville to pick up that tool and got home with about 15 minutes to finish fixing the door before he had to leave to Salem.
I still can't believe he agreed to go to work. I'm EXHAUSTED and can't imagine taking on a night like he is. But he said him going would pay for this repair so he decided to do it. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night for him. He always calls me when he's leaving to come home and I haven't heard from him yet.
Obviously I don't have any pictures from this big event - the camera was in the house and I was really too frazzled to think of taking any pictures.
Anyhow, all I can say is I'm thankful tomorrow is a new day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Oh my goodness, what a day! Glad you could look at it with a positive attitude.
Post a Comment