Sunday, October 5, 2008
Nature Walk
Tomorrow is Bradley's first day of "Monday School". He'll be going to school with other homeschoolers every Monday at a church here in town from 8:30 - 2:30. I'm really excited for him. He'll be in a class with 1st - 5th Graders (15 students)and they'll have another class for 6th - 8th Graders. They'll be studying Apologia Science and will be studying about the flying creatures that God created on the 5th day of creation. They'll also be studying History in a classical style curriculum using Tapestry of Grace. They'll be starting at creation and following history in a timeline that follows God's Word. It's going to be really neat. He'll have homework every week in both subjects and we had some to do before his school tomorrow and I'm enjoying learning with him. =)
One of his assignments to do before tomorrow was to go on a scavenger hunt nature walk and see what we can find. We took the kids to McDowell Creek today after church and had a wonderful little hike with them. We didn't find much on the list of things to look for partly because the weather wasn't wonderful but we had a wonderful time just walking and seeing all God has created in the beautful trees and plants and waterfall etc. We did come across a centipede. Tonight the kids and I looked through all our books here at home and read all we could about them it was fun. It was such a fun afternoon together. The kids are just getting so big!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Sorry I have been absent on the blog circuit latel, buty I finally got caught up! I loved all the pictures and finding out what is happening in your world lately :)
Post a Comment