We'll tonight I read some devotionals to the kids. This one happened to be about Samson and how he made a promise to God not to cut his hair and God blessed him with strength. I got to tell Bradley that in my Bible study at church that just started two weeks ago has been talking about believing God. And that God gives power to those who believe in Him. I love how it all tied in together. After our time together I let them have some reading time before bed. Bradley called for me and wanted to show me something. He was reading a book called "Ancient Greece and the Olympics". It was telling him all kinds of things about Greece. The part he wanted to show me is there was a picture of a statue and it was talking about how Greeks worship many different gods. He told me this picture was a picture of an idol and that the people in Greece worshipped idols. I asked him if that was a good thing and he said No, we only worship God, no other idols. I told him how amazing it is that God showed him that exact verse this morning about how we are to worship ONLY God! And then tonight he 'just happened' to start reading this book about Greece. He said, Mommy I think God spoke to me and told me to read this book and told me to write out that scripture so I understood what it meant." I told him that one of the speakers at Women of Faith this weekend talked about when God gives us "Godwinks". Some people believe in coincidence...but we as believers know there is no such thing. That God gives us many "Godwinks" like he gave Bradley today. He had a purpose and a plan to put the idea in Bradley's head to go get that handwriting book and then later that day to go get this other book etc. It wasn't a coincidence. It was fun to be able to tell Bradley the God just gave him a "Godwink". =)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Bradley said, "God spoke to me"
Something very special happened today. During school time this morning, Bradley asked me if he could do some handwriting from a book we used last year called "A Reason For Handwriting". In this curriculum you focus on a verse each week and that's what you write out for your handwriting. We'll today's verse was Luke 4:8 "We must worship God and Him alone. So it is written in the Scriptures." After he finished writing it out I talked to him about it to make sure he understood what the verse meant. He said it meant that we are to only worship God and no other idols. I explained that idols can be many different things that can get in the way of our relationship with God. And I mentioned that we need to make sure we are spending time with Him and not letting other things get in the way - which can be very hard to do. And that we should love God more than anything or anyone and that He loves us so much. We had a very good visit together. He's such a little thinker and he's so tender.
We'll tonight I read some devotionals to the kids. This one happened to be about Samson and how he made a promise to God not to cut his hair and God blessed him with strength. I got to tell Bradley that in my Bible study at church that just started two weeks ago has been talking about believing God. And that God gives power to those who believe in Him. I love how it all tied in together. After our time together I let them have some reading time before bed. Bradley called for me and wanted to show me something. He was reading a book called "Ancient Greece and the Olympics". It was telling him all kinds of things about Greece. The part he wanted to show me is there was a picture of a statue and it was talking about how Greeks worship many different gods. He told me this picture was a picture of an idol and that the people in Greece worshipped idols. I asked him if that was a good thing and he said No, we only worship God, no other idols. I told him how amazing it is that God showed him that exact verse this morning about how we are to worship ONLY God! And then tonight he 'just happened' to start reading this book about Greece. He said, Mommy I think God spoke to me and told me to read this book and told me to write out that scripture so I understood what it meant." I told him that one of the speakers at Women of Faith this weekend talked about when God gives us "Godwinks". Some people believe in coincidence...but we as believers know there is no such thing. That God gives us many "Godwinks" like he gave Bradley today. He had a purpose and a plan to put the idea in Bradley's head to go get that handwriting book and then later that day to go get this other book etc. It wasn't a coincidence. It was fun to be able to tell Bradley the God just gave him a "Godwink". =)

We'll tonight I read some devotionals to the kids. This one happened to be about Samson and how he made a promise to God not to cut his hair and God blessed him with strength. I got to tell Bradley that in my Bible study at church that just started two weeks ago has been talking about believing God. And that God gives power to those who believe in Him. I love how it all tied in together. After our time together I let them have some reading time before bed. Bradley called for me and wanted to show me something. He was reading a book called "Ancient Greece and the Olympics". It was telling him all kinds of things about Greece. The part he wanted to show me is there was a picture of a statue and it was talking about how Greeks worship many different gods. He told me this picture was a picture of an idol and that the people in Greece worshipped idols. I asked him if that was a good thing and he said No, we only worship God, no other idols. I told him how amazing it is that God showed him that exact verse this morning about how we are to worship ONLY God! And then tonight he 'just happened' to start reading this book about Greece. He said, Mommy I think God spoke to me and told me to read this book and told me to write out that scripture so I understood what it meant." I told him that one of the speakers at Women of Faith this weekend talked about when God gives us "Godwinks". Some people believe in coincidence...but we as believers know there is no such thing. That God gives us many "Godwinks" like he gave Bradley today. He had a purpose and a plan to put the idea in Bradley's head to go get that handwriting book and then later that day to go get this other book etc. It wasn't a coincidence. It was fun to be able to tell Bradley the God just gave him a "Godwink". =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment