Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Little Man




Tonight at bedtime I was reading the kids a devotional about forgiveness. It told them a little story about two different instances where people had to make the choice to forgive or not. One was about a man that stole $5 from his friend. He was sorry for what he had done and asked his friend to forgive him. The second man killed a little boy. This man became a Christian and begged the parents to forgive him. The question was asked if they would be able to forgive these people? Of course they say, yes, we could forgive them. I was honest with them and told them it'd be alot easier for me to forgive someone for stealing $5 from me than it would be to forgive someone for killing one of my children. We should forgive others because Christ has forgiven us, but in my humanness, it would be hard!! I could get another $5, but there's only one...Bradley, Ryan, Tyler and Hallie. Bradley was very quick to say, "We'll do you know what the good part is Mommy? All your kids have asked Jesus in their heart so we are all going to heaven so you would see us again someday". Wow...talk about bringing tears to his Mommy's eyes. Again...to have the faith of children. He is SO right!!

1 comment:

heartchild said...

I love that. What a great testimony!

Angie Maddox