We got started on our school day after breakfast and I stayed up late last night putting together lesson plans for the rest of the year for Bradley. I did it last year this way and he really liked it. I meant to do it this summer but didn't get to it until now. I make a list of what he needs to do each day with little boxes next to each thing so he can check it off when he's done. It gives him a good idea what is expected for the day and it lets him be responsible to finish and he can feel good knowing he gets to check off another subject or assignment. You can tell he's a list boy when I handed him the list and he reviewed it and next thing i knew he was adding another line to each day with another box that said "Read". He knows we set aside and hour every afternoon for nap/reading time and I didn't think to put it on the list. =) I haven't made one for Ryan and Tyler but obviously Bradley's list is more detailed than theirs would be. Ryan and Tyler are doing well with their schoolwork. There's 170 lessons in the curriculum we use for 170 days of school and they like to do more than one lesson at a time and are already on lesson 108. I'm going to have my work cut out for me to fill in the remainder of the year when they are finished. I have plenty of resources to use so I'm not worried. I'm just thankful they love to learn. It's really been a joy to watch.
After schoolwork was done the kids played together the rest of the day and had so much fun playing house, football (Hallie put her cheerleader outfit on and cheered the boys on), colored pictures, watched each other play on the computer and just all kinds of fun creative things they come up with. There's never a dull moment. It was fun to see them all so happy to get to have a day at home.
I started to fix dinner and Bradley walked in the kitchen and said, "Mommy, is there anything I can help you with?" What a gentleman he is! I told him it was trash day tomorrow so he could help by emptying the bathroom and kitchen trash and take them out to the big garbage cart outside. He just looked like such a little man. He went on his merry way just looking so pleased. When he was done he came back and asked if there was anything he could help with dinner. I was just getting ready to fix some white shell pasta that the kids love to go along with our pork chops and i told him he could make it. So, I told him to read the directions to me and follow what is said and he did an amazing job. He was thrilled! He was beside himself waiting for Daddy to come home so he could tell him what he'd done. Of course once he started helping everyone else wanted to help so Tyler helped me get the baked beans going then Ryan announced he wanted green beans so we put those on too. Ryan and Hallie helped set the table. They had great teamwork. When Bradley was cooking I told him he was going to make a wonderful husband one day and how sweet it was for him to ask me if there was anything he could do to help. He said, "Mommy, you know I told you I don't want to get married" He said, "When you get old and retire I'll cook for you". (ha) I told him I wasn't ever going to retire because I will always be a mommy. He said, "No, I meant from your Ace job" (meaning my bookkeeping job that I work on Fridays). He's so cute. I told him I'd love that! And told him it'll also be good for him to know how to cook so that if he goes to college he'll be able to cook for himself and he said, we'll I want to go somewhere were I can still live at home and I'll still cook for you. I'll have to remind him of this when it's time for college. =)
Bradley was very excited when Tom got home and he asked Tom and I to please taste the pasta first since it was his first time making it and he wanted to know what we thought. =) It was delicious! I know he'll be reading this blog so another Great Job Bradley!! Thanks for all your help today!!
As I'm sure you know, this isn't our 'everyday' here in the Kirkland home but I treasure the times we have days like these. Like I tell the kids, if I could have chosen what four kids I could have in my life..."You are the four I would have picked" I am so blessed!!











No comments:
Post a Comment