We just got home from our first family vacation (the 6 of us). We had a wonderful time!! We rented a house in Sunriver and it turned out to be a perfect fit for us. It was so comfy and cozy and so relaxing to be there.
We arrived on Tuesday and got settled in and then took the kids to a restaurant in Bend called "Flatbread Community Oven" It was really fun for the kids. They each got to make their own pizza and then sent it away to get baked. They were yummy.
Wednesday we took the kids to Mavericks...a great swimming pool in Sunriver. We were able to get in with the rental of the house. It was a hit! That night we rented a movie from Redbox and just enjoyed a night at home with movie and popcorn. So relaxing!
Thursday we went to the High Desert Museum. It was really fun too. I got alot of great pictures from there that are in the slideshow following this post. One part was all about birds which was great...Bradley's studying about birds in Monday school. That was fun. They also had a bug section that Ryan LOVED. He's our bug lover. They had lots to see outside and it was a perfect day to be out.
Friday we took the kids to Working Wonders Childrens Museum in Bend. We spent most of the morning and afternoon there with a little lunch break to Quizno's. They absolutely loved this place. We could have spent all day there. It was a wonderful place to let them use their imagination.
When we got back to Sunriver we stopped at a bike shop and rented bikes. My family used to go to Sunriver every September since my dad had a business trip to attend there. One of my favorite memories there was riding bikes. My brother and I would spend all day just riding bikes all around. They have so many bike paths and tunnels. Although, one thing I noticed...when my brother and I used to go we'd ride through those tunnels and now they have little gates at the beginning and end of those tunnels and you have to walk your bikes through them now. It was funny to think of how fearless I was then. And another change of course is they didn't even have helmets then. I'm not sure how we survived. =) I'm sure I would have been nervous for the kids to ride through them now. They all had hills so you'd really get to going fast. They had a hard time keeping up with the bikes just to walk them down the tunnels. A couple times I was about to tell Ryan to let go of the bike so he didn't go down with it. =) We all had a wonderful time on the bike ride. That was a big highlight of the trip for all.
The house we stayed at had a hot tub outside. Tom and the boys went in it Thursday night and Hallie was napping and I stayed in the house with her. But they all talked us into going into it Friday night. It was 35 degrees outside and I have to say, I wasn't really sure about going outside in a swimsuit in that cold of weather but the boys really really wanted us to try it. It turned out to be a really relaxing time.
I put together a slideshow of our trip and it will follow this post. I actually ran out of room on my camera so I guess that means I took alot of pictures. =)
We are so grateful for a wonderful time away and a safe trip. It was very refreshing and relaxing to get this time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time, I'm glad you're back though! I think I need to go take a walk after sitting through that slide show =)
hahaha...i was thinking the same thing about the length of the slide show. Hehe. J/K It was fun to watch and it looks like you had a blast. :O) Oh...and YAY BEAVS!
Hey. You can't say I didn't warn you. =) I told you I ran out of room on the memory on my camera. Hope you recovered. =)
Post a Comment