I love the moments that I find my kids reading. Bradley's favorite subject in school is reading. I love that I don't even have to ask him to read. Last year in our first year of homeschooling I required that he read every afternoon while the younger three kids are resting. It wasn't long before I realized I wasn't asking him to do it anymore, he was just doing it on his own. It wasn't long before I was finding him reading off and on throughout the day too. This morning was one of those days. After breakfast all the kids wandered off to play together in Hallie's room and at one point they all four went into the family room and picked out books to read and I found Bradley in the kitchen with his book. Silly boy. Looks pretty comfy. I'm thankful his love of reading is rubbing off on his little brothers and sister.
Today was one of those days I was thinking about how thankful I am we can homeschool. The kids love to play together and I'm so thankful they are home to do that. I love that I can be flexible and we don't have to rush around in the morning unless we have somewhere we need to go. This morning the kids were playing so nicely that we didn't start school until about 10, but still got everything done we need to for the day. I've been having them double up on some days since they take Friday off to be home with Daddy while I'm at work. Today Bradley decided he wanted to do 3 lessons instead of 2. Ryan and Tyler have really been enjoying school too and I'm so thankful. It's a joy to be their teacher!!

Our Hallie...such joy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment