Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Friday, September 5, 2008

Feeding the ducks

Today after I got off work we took the kids on a picnic and then we fed the ducks. It was so much fun. They had a blast. Tyler asked me if we could buy one of the ducks. Silly boy. By the time we left, Bradley had names for many of them.

Tom got a call from his 2nd job while we were out and they asked if he could come in tonight because a co-worker was sick so as soon as we got home tonight he took a nap and then he headed out to work tonight at 8PM and should get home around 8AM tomorrow morning. It's been a busy week for him. After this shift tonight he'll have put in about 42 hours this week at the 2nd job on top of his regular full time job. We're looking forward to him getting home tomorrow and get back into our regular routine.

Many of you know we've been on Dave Ramsey's debt-free plan "FPU" for a year now and after this busy week we have met our goal for the year Sept 07 to Sept 08 and starting next week we plan to slow down and have him just work the two nights a week at the 2nd job. We were just talking about it tonight and it's truly a blessing that the Lord provided this extra job for Tom. I never would have imagined so much could have been accomplished in a year. It's truly been a blessing! Tom really does enjoy the work he does when he's there and I really see it as a ministry as he works with people in need. He's got such a heart for people and I can see the Lords hand in all this in so many ways. I believe the Lord not only provided a need for our family but also for the people he's been able to help. I see the blessing on both sides. God is good!

We have a fun day planned for Tuesday. Our homeschool group is taking a field trip to the Zoo. Tuesday is $2 day and Tom took the day off to come with the kids and I. It will be so nice to have a day away. We hear there's a baby elephant there now so sissy is really excited to see that.












No comments: