Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tyler Won!!

We had our last day of VBS on Thursday. At the end of the night they had a few prizes to give away. They chose two names out of each class and those two got a prize. We'll when that was all done, they put in ALL the names of ALL the kids that were in VBS and did a final drawing for the grand prize of the HUGE PINEAPPLE that was part of the decor all week. I could hardly believe it when they called Tyler's name. Boy oh boy was he excited! He jumped right up and went to the front and put his hand on the pineapple. It was pretty cute. They said he had to wait until after Sunday's program to take it home. The first thing he asked me after he sat down was "How many days until Sunday?" As you can imagine he talked about it every day after that telling me that it was taking too long for Sunday to come. Bless his heart. The kids talked about it many times trying to decide what room it should go in. They were all very excited.

We'll today was the day. We got to bring Mr Pineapple home. The first thing we had to figure out was how in the world to get it home. It wouldn't fit in the van and we sure didn't want to let all the air out of the pineapple and have to blow it all up again. So we decided that Tom would put in on the top of the van and he'd sit in the passenger side of the van and hold on to it out the window. That worked great for about 30 seconds until I went over the 1st speed bump. =) He tried throwing it back up to the top of the van but it was so windy it kept falling onto the windshield. It was the funniest thing. We were all laughing so hard. I was in tears half way home from laughing so much. He ended up just holding it out the side window. We have a very short drive home but it was hilarious to see the looks people gave as we passed by. I was just hoping there weren't any bikers in the bike lane cuz we would have taken them out. We passed by some people walking on the sidewalk and I was really hoping Tom was holding on super tight cuz what a site that would be if the wind knocked it out of his hand and it flew over to those people. What a surprise it would be for them to see a flying Pineapple. =)

It was a fun morning to say the least. It was a great laugh for all of us. We got home and Tyler found a home right away..in the living room. I told him it looked like a Christmas tree. So the next thing I noticed was he was putting a couple little ornaments on it. =) Tom and I got lunch ready and Bradley asked if he could bring in the kids' little red table in the living room so they could play 'restaurant'. They said they were at Burger King. They placed their orders to mommy and daddy and sat and waited and once in a while would come in and see if things were almost ready. At one point, Bradley asked if I had any sacks cuz he wanted me to put their lunch in a bag and put a toy in it like they were having a kids' meal. They are so funny. So creative.

Here's some pictures of Mr. Pineapple.







1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I saw you guys trying to drive out of the church parking lot with the pineapple on top of the van. I was wishing I had my camera with me! It was hilarious! I'm glad to hear that "Mr. Pineapple" made it home!