Saturday Tom and I celebrated our 11 year Anniversary. It's amazing to look back over those 11 years and see how much the Lord has blessed us. Not only was it a dream come true to find Tom all the way in Florida, but to fast forward 11 years and find ourselves with four wonderful children and to find Tom and I both in careers we've always hoped for. His in counseling and mine as a stay at home mom and a bookkeeper. I feel truely blessed that the Lord brought us together and that he knew before we were even born that this is where we'd end up. We are SO thankful for God's blessings on our lives.
We had a great day with the kids. The morning Tom spent cleaning out the shed. It looks so nice. The boys had a great time hammering some scrap wood together. They made a treasure. =) They wanted to hang it up in their room but Tyler ended up discovering it worked great for a stage for some of their toys. I worked on organizing the house and all our homeschool and craft supplies getting ready for school again this week. Later in the evening we took a trip to the library and then picked up Subway sandwiches and went and had a picnic at the park.
Our library had a reading program this summer. The first part of the summer, Bradley had to keep track of how many hours he read. He did a wonderful job. He loves to read. We got to count any time he read to himself, we read to him, or anytime he listed to a book on tape. The later part of the summer we had to fill out a slip with every book Bradley read and put it in a drawing and anytime I read to the three younger kids or they read to me, I'd write down each book we read for each of the kids and put their names in a drawing for the preschoolers. They had a drawing this month for the 2nd half of the summer program and three of the kids won. Bradley won two coupons for a Subway sandwich or a kids pack and Ryan won a coupon for a Subway sandwich or a kids pack and Hallie won 2 tickets to the Kuhn theater here in town. When I took the kids to pick up their prizes, the ladies at the library felt bad that Tyler was the only one of the kids that didn't win so they let him pick out a little bag of M&M's or Starburst. He picked out the Starburst. When we got to the car he asked if he could open them and I was SO proud of what he did next, he passed out two to each of the kids and himself. Then he shared a piece with Mommy, Tom and Grandma too. He's such a sweet boy. He had one piece left and he asked if I could cut it into four pieces when we got home so he could share it with his brothers and sister. Melt my heart....what a sweet boy!!
So, our picnic last night we got to use the kids' Subway coupons. What a treat!!
Here's some pictures from our day. I was hoping to get a picture of Tom and I together on our anniversary while we were out so each of the kids tried to take a picture for us. I put a couple of those pictures in the slideshow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Congratulations! Glad you guys had a great day, the kids did a great job on the pictures of you two!
Post a Comment