Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Monday, August 11, 2008

Safety Town

The boys had a great week last week. They got to go to Safety Town each morning from 9 - 12. It was held at our local Boys and Girls club and it's a program that they do for kids going into Kindergarten. They talked about all kinds of safety: Road, Bus, Fire, Electrical, Animal, Stranger, and more. They got to take a couple field trips. One to the Bus Barn next door to look at the buses. They brought in a brand new Honda with 6 airbags so they could see and talk about airbags. Bradley said the seats could tell if a child was sitting in the seat so it would know whether or not to let out the air bag. He said it could tell by your weight. Pretty neat. They took a trip to the Fire Station. They had a veterinarian come in and talk to them about being safe with Animals. They had someone from the Power Company come in and talk to them about electrical safety. They had a policeman come talk to them too. It's amazing how much they fit in in a weeks time.

I was feeling really bad for Bradley. I signed the twins up right after I heard about it and I knew it was just for kids going into Kindergarten. Bradley didn't get to go when he was going into Kindergarten because that was the summer we were planning to move to Illinois. WE thought we'd already be there at that point so I didn't sign him up. Anyhow, I prepared him ahead of time because I knew it would look like fun. He handled it so well. He was a great sport. I figured he and Hallie and I would do some special things that week. After we dropped of the twins I decided to ask at the front desk if the class was full and they said it wasn't. So, I asked if they thought if it would be ok for Bradley to go even though he's going into 2nd Grade. They went and discussed it and said it wouldn't be a problem. It was so nice of them to do that. He was thrilled. It was nice that he could go be with his brothers. They were happy to see him there.

Hallie and I had a great time together having mommy/daughter time. It was really special. I treasure those times.














No comments: