Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wonderful Day....

Today was another one of those days that I will treasure forever! I LOVE family days. It's been so nice having Tom home and I'm really not looking forward to Monday. This is exactly what our family has needed!!

We took the kids to the free Children's Performing Arts Show at the Community College nearby. It was a puppet show. The kids enjoyed it. They'll have a different performance every other Saturday for the next few months. We have attended these for several years and are always glad we went.

We headed to Springfield afterwards and went to our favorite place to eat, Baja Fresh. Then we headed to our favorite grocery store, Trader Joes and stocked up on some needed items and some goodies to take with us to the next stop....the dollar theater. This is our usual Saturday outing at least once a month or so. We had a great time, as always.

Tonight we were watching an old Cosby Show Episode. The kids have never seen one and Tom and I both remember enjoying that show. We had found a video with some of the first episodes on it on clearance at the Christian Bookstore today and decided to pick it up. We had a good laugh watching one of our favorite episodes. Well after it was over Bradley said, "Are the parents married in that show?" I said, "Yes, they are married....we'll not in real life....but on the show yes." He said, "Well if she's not his real wife, why did he just kiss her? That doesn't seem like a good thing. That's not being very good to his wife." Wow....I love that kid. I love his sensitive heart. I love the way he thinks and I love that he asks US. It opened up a WONDERFUL conversation between he and Tom and I. I'm just so proud of my little guy. I love that he desires to serve the Lord. I told him he was exactly right. That when Mommy and Daddy got married we were committed to each other and that we treasure that. I told him that I had just read an article in a Focus on the Family magazine about an interview with Kirk Cameron....who was in Fireproof. There was a wonderful article about how he said that when he got married, he was committed to his wife and only his wife and that meant he would never kiss another woman..no matter what. He said he would never play a part in a show or movie that would require it. He said it's not true that it's 'only acting' when people kiss on TV or movies...it's something to be protected and shared only with your spouse. So much so, that at the end of the Fireproof movie, there's a scene where he was to kiss his actress "wife". So for that scene they were outside and it was kind of dark...you could really just see them like a shadow almost and his real life wife dressed up as his 'acting' wife and she played that role in that last scene and he kissed his real life wife...not the actress. I had heard about that when we saw the movie but reading this article still just made me cry. I just LOVE that there are actors out there that will stand up for their convictions. I told Bradley that this was a perfect example that no matter what God calls him to do, he can always hold to his convictions and beliefs and God will bless him indeed. What a great reminder that we all need to keep ourselves in check....are we compromising our convictions in any way?

I'm so thankful for these moments with my children. I LOVE hearing their heart and just love seeing who they are becoming. I'm so thankful I get to be home with them and be blessed with such special times as these....

No comments: