Today was a very emotional day. I don't think I've cried this much in a long time. We attended the Memorial Service of the mother of two of my dear friends. It was a beautiful service celebrating her life. She was a dear dear lady who suffered for years and years with MS and cancer. She was an amazing lady....she always had a smile on her face whenever I saw her. It really isn't often that you see someone go through all that she did and still be smiling and loving life and treasuring her husband, kids and grand kids. I've been blessed to know their family for as long as I can remember...I was in grade school when we met. Her oldest daughter was my big sister in school and we've reconnected since we've been attending the same church and she has become one of my dearest dearest friends. And her 2nd daughter I have had the privilege of reconnecting with also and get to see her weekly when our kiddos do schooling together. She is a dear dear friend too. What a joy to be blessed with both of their friendships. They have the same beautiful smile their mom always had and it's such a blessing to have them in my life. I've learned so much from them being given the legacy they have been given by their parents. Things I hope to pass down to my kids. They showed a very precious slide show at the end of the service and it also included some video from their childhood and I realized watching it that I had never seen their mom walk...until seeing the videos....something we easily take for granted. It's neat to know that she's walking again with Jesus totally healed. I can't imagine the loss I know they feel and being there and hearing everyone share their wonderful memories of a wonderful lady sure makes you rethink everything and just want to make the most of the time we have with those dear to us. Life is so short....
Hallie blessed me tonight as I was tucking her in bed...she said she had to tell me a secret...she whispered in my ear..."I love you so much"....then later she whispered..."I love you more than candy". =) Oh how I love that girl. I'm SO very thankful the Lord blessed me with a wonderful loving husband and four precious kids. I AM living my dream of being a stay at home mom and hope I am making the most of our time together. I am So thankful for each day that we have the opportunity to be together. Today also reminds me of how thankful I am the kids are still home and that I get to have so much time with them. I know I will blink and they will be married and starting families of their own and I will look back and be SO thankful we had this precious time together. I feel very blessed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment