Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A great day.....

Today was one of those days I wanted to last forever. I'm starting to feel a little more like myself. I still have a ways to go on the recovery...still quite sore and still VERY tired most of the time. I should really be asleep right now...but like I said...it's been one of those days. Outside of the whole surgery and being sick for quite some time before hand...the one thing I have loved these past few weeks is having EVERYONE home!! Tom took Christmas until New Years off like he usually does and then because of my unplanned surgery, he's still home taking care of me and the kids. I don't ever want to have to go through surgery again, but I DO love having my hubby home. I've been thinking over the past few years since he took on the 2nd job...we haven't seen alot of each other. It's been hard on all of us and it's shown these past few weeks how much it means to ALL of us to have him home so much. It's not exactly been like a vacation because of the circumstances, but still...it's been wonderful in many ways. I think there's an extra twinkle in all our eyes.

Today it was fun to watch Daddy help me with homeschooling....our first day back since Christmas. I LOVED watching him work with the kids on their math. You could see the kids so proud to get to show Daddy how smart they are. He knows they are but to get this much time with him has been extra special. I was laughing...which at this moment hurts to laugh....as I watched him work with Tyler on his math. Tyler is our silly boy. He intentionally tells you the wrong answer with a HUGE grin on his face...just to be our little ham. It was funny to watch Tom work with him wanting to laugh right along with him. It made me realize...no wonder I'm so tired all the time...this takes alot of work to homeschool. =) It's funny alot of the time, but sometimes you just want to get the work done. Tyler puts a smile on my face every day and I'm SO thankful for his fun personality.

One day this week Tom brought home a balloon for all the kids and today somehow Bradley's popped. He was bummed about it. Next thing I knew the other three kids came in the living room with their whithered up balloons and I asked them what happened. They told me they felt bad that Bradley didn't have a balloon to play with so they all popped theirs. Oh how I love these kids. I'm sure on another day they'd be fighting over the balloons but today has just been 'one of those days'. I'm SO grateful!!

Tonight Tom went to work at his 2nd job...my first time being solo since surgery. I was a little nervous because I've been so worn out. But, when Tom left, he asked Bradley how he felt about being the 'man of the house' while Daddy was at work tonight. Bradleys eye's got really big....he was ready for the responsibility. As soon as Tom left, Bradley came over to me and said, "Mommy, I'm taking care of dinner tonight". So, off he went and made ham and cheese sandwiches for everyone. He's such a sweet kid. I'm very blessed. Later tonight I was laying on the couch and was opening something and he was so attentive and came up and said, "Mommy, can I throw that away for you?". Such a little gentleman. Later tonight the kids were in our room watching a little movie and I heard Bradley say, "Ryan don't forget to flush and wash your hands" Then next thing I heard was the toilet flushing and the sink running. It was too cute. Thankfully Bradley's always been his brothers and sisters biggest cheerleader so nights like tonight turn out to be a very positive thing...it wasn't taken as he was bossing anyone around. Tonight before bed he vacuumed the living room for me too. When the kids were brushing their teeth tonight Ryan said, "Bradley are you like in charge tonight?" I said, "Well no, Mommy's still in charge...but he's being my really big helper". Bradley said, "I'm kind of like the Vice President for tonight". It was so cute. Got the kiddos tucked in bed and not long after Bradley came out to the living room and said he was having a hard time...that Satan was trying to tell him bad things and he wanted to know if he could read his Bible for a while. So, of course I told him it was fine. So he and the boys got their Bibles out and read for about an hour. I just love listening to them doing that. Bradley has always had such a tender heart and I'm always amazed at things he tells me. We've had a few times where he's come out to talk to us in absolute tears knowing that thoughts that were going on his his head were not things God was telling him and it broke his heart. So the very first time I told him to start praying or say verses or read his Bible and I"m so thankful it's something he's always remembered and then in turn is also showing his siblings how to handle it. He always comes back to me so excited saying..."Mommy...it worked....it worked!!"

Oh how I love my family....I'm SO not ready for Tom to have to go back to work but am very grateful that he can....

No comments: