Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm still here...



We'll it's been a while since I've updated my blog and I thought I'd take some time to do that right now.

All is well at the Kirkland house. Seems like things have just been so busy. I really thought with homeschooling, that life would be slower but it really isn't. I still feel like we are going every which way and Tom and I kind of pass the baton and work as a team. I'm blessed with a wonderful husband! He's still working alot these days with both jobs. He's taken on some extra shifts lately and is working some all nighters every week. We are blessed to have this work available with as many people that are looking for work these days. We feel very blessed for this opportunity. We try to take advantage of the evenings we have together and treasure that time.

Saturday afternoon we took the kids to the apple orchard that the kids and I had been to before and we picked 82+ pounds of apples. It was fun to have daddy with us this time. It was a good time. Now these last couple days I've been busy using the apples. I'm on my 2nd crockpot of applesauce and have 12 trays of apples drying right now. The house is going to be smelling yummy here pretty soon. =)

A cute story...

The kids and I were all sitting on my bed reading one evening and Tom was at work. We started talking about Christmas and I asked the kids what they thought we should get daddy for Christmas. Ryan got VERY excited and said, I know, let's get him some juice!! He was SO excited about this idea. =) I asked him what kind of juice and he said, we'll maybe strawberry. Then he said, and lets get him something that he can take to work, like some new keys!! Oh...out of the mouth of babes. I just LOVE the things they say. He was so genuine and I just love his heart. He's such a sweet little boy.

I'm realizing that I'm still adjusting to Bradley being gone on Mondays to "Monday School". I was making lunch yesterday when Tom got home and I made grilled cheese sandwiches. I got everyone served and realized I had made 6 sandwiches. I'm SO used to having 6 of us around here that I just naturally made one for Bradley too. =)

Hallie was really cute yesterday. She was playing with a little toy phone and went in her room and climbed on her bed and we were talking and she said she wanted to call Bradley. So, she called him and said, Bradley can you please come home now. You've been gone too long and I want you to come home and play with me. =) So SWEET! We ALL miss him when he's at school.

No comments: