Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Birthday....





I can't believe another year has passed. It seems like we JUST celebrated Ryan and Tyler's 6th birthday. They are growing up SO fast! Friday was a very special day...they turned SEVEN years old! It really is hard to fathom they can be this old already. I had a friend ask me a couple weeks ago how hold they were turning and I told her 7 and she seemed so surprised that I started doubting myself too. I ended up asking one of the twins how old they were going to be...just to make sure. HA! It's getting harder and harder to keep track. =)

It's funny how both of these pictures make Tyler look SO much taller than Ryan. He IS taller, but just by a little bit...Ryan just seems to be standing silly in both pictures. =)

Friday Tom and I both had the day off of work so we had the whole day free to do something special. We initially planned to take them to the dollar theater and then to Chuck E Cheese, but when Friday came they were having so much fun just playing at home they wanted to just hang out in their jammies and play with their brother and sister. Tyler wanted his favorite muffins that I make and Ryan wanted my pancakes and eggs so I made them each what they wanted for breakfast and we just enjoyed a really nice relaxing day at home together. It was wonderful!

Friday evening Bradley had a friends birthday party to go to and Hallie was invited to go to her friends house for a pajama party for the evening...her first time away from home without her brothers. Tom and I were so very blessed to get the chance to take Ryan and Tyler out on a date...just the four of us. It was such a treat! The last time we had just the four of us together was in the hospital when they were born. Ryan had won a free pizza at "Monday School" and so we took them out for pizza and we had coupons for a free Cold Stone Ice Cream for each of them for their birthday so we took them there too. They had received some birthday money and so we took them to the mall for a while too to look around. It was such a fun time...just went way to fast. We headed back to pick up Bradley and Hallie and ended the evening together as a family. It was a very special day!

When Tom and I were out with the twins on their birthday, I began to think about the fact that 7 years ago at that time...I was sound asleep...missing the first two days of their life. It was emotional to think about. I started to wonder how they ate and what they did that first two days without me. I'm So thankful the Lord brought me through that and allowed me to enjoy these past 7 years with them. What a blessing! I remember I wrote about that event around their birthday last year and found that post....

http://kirklandadventures.blogspot.com/2009/03/birthday-boys.html

I also found some of my favorite picture of them their first year. I LOVED taking pictures of them sleeping...they were always so cute to see turned in the exact same positions etc. Those pictures can be seen here:

http://kirklandadventures.blogspot.com/2009/03/awwprecious-babies.html

I'm so thankful for four precious kiddos. God has blessed us so much!

No comments: