Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wonderful Weekend Away

Tom and I had such a nice time away this past weekend. We left on Friday for a homeschool conference - curriculum fair and came back on Saturday evening. They had some really great speakers there and we walked away feeling very encouraged! We are so thankful to be on this path and it was neat to be around so many people that have the same passion about homeschooling. It's exciting! I was amazed at how many people I ran ito there that I know. There were over 1500 people that attended. I feel like I have a new excitement and passion for this next school year. We were able to find everything we needed for next fall and after some of it comes in the mail, we'll be ready. It's fun to look at everything again. I'm excited to get started again, but am enjoying the summer break very much.

Thank you to our friends for keeping the kiddos for us. It was the first time Tom and I had been away in 3 1/2 years so it was a special treat. The kids did great and had a fun time! Hallie even took a 3 hour nap for them on Saturday. She got to sleep in their daughter's Dora bed and Dora is her favorite. Much to our surprize, they had an extra Dora bed and Dora bedding and sent it home with us. So, she was thrilled about that! We took down her other bed and Tom put her Dora bed together and the boys decided they wanted to have a slumber party in Hallie's room. So, her's a "before bed" and "after bed" picture. Oh...aren't they sweet?






3 comments:

Gullett Circus said...

Oh that's cute. I'm so glad you guys got a weekend to reconnect. Love her Dora bed too

Sue said...

That Dora bed is so cute. So glad your weekend was wonderful. It's great to get that time alone. Also hard not to miss them when you are gone. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got a weekend away Greta! How wonderful! Did you like Voddie? he's a great speaker, we bought one of his books, & so far have loved everything we had read!

Love that Dora bed! Erin is a big fan too! ;)& thats so sweet that all the kids had a slumber party!