Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Armor of God

I was reminded this week how when the Lord calls us to do something, He comes along beside us and helps us find our way. When I think back before our homeschool days, I know I was somewhat overwhelmed at the thought of taking it on. It was always in my heart to 'try' but part of me knew it'd be alot of work too. I was just telling Tom last week how I felt the Lord was wanting me to search out some Character Building curriculum to add into our routine next year. I know we do alot of teaching w/o it really being planned but I really felt I was to find something that would be part of our regular schedule. We'll a couple days later I went to a used curriculum fair and wouldn't you know that the Lord placed some great things in front of me at that sale to use in our teaching. I found an actual Character Curriculum and some fun books that have to do with Character Traits and a great book for parents that I'm reading right now called "Children of Character" and it's really good! I'm finding more and more that with homeschooling it's ok if you don't know how to explain everything whether it be teaching them to read, math, science, history, anything, as long as you find the tools to help you do it. I was reassured through all of this that the Lord is walking with us as we homeschool and is putting just what we need and what He wants our kids to learn in our path. It's amazing!

Then Sunday, we were at the Dollar Store and Tom noticed there were some helmets, shields, and swords. He said, hey that would be great for teaching them about the Armor of God. So, we grabbed some for them. Yesterday I spent some time online looking for some fun ways to teach them about the Armor of God and wouldn't you know I found a whole unit study on the Armor of God. It was very age appropriate and it included a story that explained the Armor of God - where they could understand it - and it had all kind of color sheets and/or worksheets - one for each piece of Armor with the verse that went along with it printed on the page. They got to cut out different pieces of armor and glue it on a little guy, etc. It was amazing how the Lord put all that together for me. He provided the tools and all I had to do was follow through with it. The kids and I did about half of the study today and we'll finish the rest later this week. They loved it. Next they get to do a word search, crossword puzzle, unscramble the words etc all that have to to with the Armor of God.

After we finished what we worked on today I gave the kids their Armor and they had fun playing.

I put together a slide show and posted it. It should follow this post.

Enjoy....

No comments: