Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Love my Family!!

I just have to say I Love My Family!! We had such a fun day together yesterday. I can't believe I forgot my camera, but still thought I'd share about it. Yesterday was the annual parade here in Lebanon and we went back and forth to whether we'd stay home and go to that or take a day trip to Eugene. We decided to go to Eugene. After the kids and I were cooped up in the house all week with all the kid's being sick, a trip away sounded really really good. =) There was a homeschool curriculum fair happening in Eugene that I was interested to see. The original plan was Tom was going to take the kids to the dollar theater in Eugene while I checked out the homeschool fair. But the more I got to thinking the more I wanted to be with them. So we decided we'd all go to everything. So, first we went to the homeschool fair and I have to say how proud I am of the kids. They did so good. I don't know why it sounds overwhelming sometimes to think about them having to come to something like that but I always walk away in awe of how well they do. Kids were welcome to come but no strollers were allowed in the book fair part - there's alot of tables set up and not a ton of room. Anyhow, they love books so they enjoyed it as much as I did. They had a nice used book fair and each of the kids managed to find books on their favorite subject - Bradley found some books about the weather, Ryan found some books about Whales and Sea Life, Tyler found some books about dinosaurs and Hallie found some Care Bear Books. It was perfect! Mommy found some great books to use for school too. It was So worth the trip. Then when we were almost done, my name was called as the winner of a drawing and I won a $10 gift certificate to any vendor's booth. So, we went back to look and find something in the vendors area. I wasn't planning to buy anything new, but I was able to find something I could use the certificate for. I found a great book about Dinosaurs - with a Biblical view. Most books on dinosaurs talk about them existing millions of years ago etc. and the kids know it's not true, but this looked like a great book that really explained about when they came into existence in the Bible. I'm excited to read it to the kids.

After the fair we went to the dollar movie and saw the Dr Seuss movie. It was so much fun. Hallie had seen it before on a Daddy date but the rest of us hadn't seen it yet. When it was over I told Bradley I had more fun watching them than the movie. He got so tickled several times through the movie and it was so fun to watch him laugh. They all thought it was really funny.

Chuck E Cheese is right next to the mall where we were so we went there for a late lunch and of course the kids had fun playing there.

We stopped by a produce store as we came back into town that we'd never noticed being there before and we bought a bunch of fruit and some veggies. We had some of the watermelon last night and it was SO Delicious!!

That was our day. By the time we got home and had some watermelon and gave the kids a bath they were very ready for bed. After a little storytime they all crashed pretty quickly.

It was a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Gullett Circus said...

How was the movie? My kids saw it with my mom and like it alright, Ty thought it was a little scary but he thinks lots of things are scary that aren't =) I love reading your blog, I "talk" to you daily but it's still fun to see pictures and read your cute little comments.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day!!