Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sleepy Kids




We had a big day today. Bradley was so brave as he went and took a State test to see how he's doing academically. The State doesn't require it until he's in 3rd Grade, but we thought it'd be good to have him do it every year so he's used to it and just so we know where he's at. I told him it's really a test to know how mommy is doing. I got that idea from another homeschool mom. That way it takes any pressure off of him. He thought it was funny. =)

He was a little bit nervous about not knowing anyone, but we got there and he did great. They told us the test would start at 12:30 and that it would be done somewhere between 2:30 and 3PM. When we came, they asked us to go ahead and come back at 1:15 when they had their break and by then they'd have a better idea on how much longer it would take. We'll we showed up at 1:15 and as it turned out the tester said the kids were doing so well and were such great readers that they were almost done with the test already. So, we just waited around for a few more minutes and out came the kids. Bradley sure looked so grown up. We're so proud of him.

We've had such a great 1st year of homeschooling. I'm SO glad we've done it. Bradley only has about 3 days left of school work. It's hard to believe we're almost done. It's gone really fast. He finished his math about a month or so ago and I told him we'd work on some other things that I had on hand but he really wanted to keep going on what he was already doing so I got him the next book that we'd use next year and he's already 1/3 of the way through that one. It's so fun to see him so excited to learn.
After our big day, Hallie decided she wanted to sleep in brother's room. So, I had to sneak in there and take some pictures. Such precious moments! She is SO very loved. The boys take such great care of her.








No comments: