Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Was today Monday??

Today started out feeling like a Monday. The boys weren't very focused on getting their schoolwork done. I wanted to get it done so I could get things done around the house that have been waiting for me for a long time. Laundry has been on the floor in the living room for a few days now waiting to get folded, books waiting to get organized in the family room, dishes in the dishwasher ready to be unloaded and reloaded, same with the washer and dryer, etc...the list goes on. I had a slight fever when I went to bed last night and had a hard time getting to sleep. I woke up feeling under the weather...was nauseous most of the day....three out of the four kids had emotional meltdowns a good chunk of the morning. It was one of those days. I don't normally spend time blogging about days like these, but just thought I should make sure people understood I have these days just like everyone else. I just don't spend alot of time writing about them. My intention on my blog was to focus on the positives in my life, so when I have days like today, I can go back and read about the smoother days and remind myself why I do what I do. Homeschooling isn't for the faint of heart...nor is motherhood. Being able to look back on special times together or sweet things the kids have said or done, keep me plugging along.

I hope one day to get my blog printed out in a scrapbook form for each of the kids, kind of a little journal for each of them. I intended to write them each their own journal, but four kids later, I just haven't done it. I thought this was a better option for me. I want them to be able to read about this time I had at home with them and know how much I loved it. They will know it wasn't easy. They will know there were days I didn't think I could keep going. They know I get frustrated and I try to remember to apologize when I do. But most of all, I want them to know how much I wanted them, how much I always wanted to be a mom, and how fortunate I am and how thankful I am for them and their Daddy. I want them to be able to look back and read about times the Lord spoke to them. I want them to be able to look at all the fun time we had together.

God is good, all the time....on wonderful days, and not so smooth days. I prayed for strength all throughout the day, and he granted that. I got the laundry folded, dishes finished, books organized, meals done, homeschool done, Chiropractor apt done, Soccer practice done, Picnic outside for the kids at dinner, showers for the kids, kiddos to bed, workout on the treadmill done, blog almost completed, and then I'll be off to balance the checkbook. It's my typical day whether I feel good or not. The best thing I can do is focus on the good days and be thankful to have made it through the rest of them. The best thing is that no matter how the day goes or how I feel, I can put the kids to bed with laughter and joy and thankful for another day with them.

No comments: