Use my link below for Great Prices on School & Homeschool Curriculums

Great deals on School & Homeschool Curriculum Books and Software

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Catch Up

I've fallen behind on my blogging. It has been a rather interesting year for us so far. We seem to be sick more than well. It's been the worst season of illnesses I've ever experienced. It's been one thing after another since Christmas. I'm very worn out from it and ready for us all to be well for a LONG period of time. I've been having alot of headaches and neck and shoulder pain and the doctor says it's all stress related and it's just been one thing after another. All 6 of us had the flu over Christmas and then we've had several viruses, ear infections, month long sicknesses, etc. The kids and I were all sick the weeks before Easter. I had bronchitis and the kids had bugs and then last week all the boys had the flu and Hallie had fever and cough. This week more fevers and coughs. Last night I was woken up to some major coughing from the boys' room. I was super tired and didn't really want to get out of bed but decided I should get up and get some cough medicine for whoever it was so he could sleep and so I could sleep. So I went in the kitchen and got the medicine ready and went in the boys' room and just stood there and watched waiting for the cough to continue so I could see WHO it was that was coughing so I knew WHO to give the medicine to. We'll I stood there and stood there and no one coughed. Ha. I decided to just go back to bed and no one got the medicine and there was no more coughing for the night. It was quite funny. I had to chuckle. It's kind of been the way things have been going for quite some time.

With all these sickness it's been a bit challenging to keep up the momentum of homeschooling. But we've stayed disciplined and are VERY close to being done. The twins have been done with their curriculum for a few months but I've been doing other stuff with them. Bradley has finished one subject and has just over a week left of the rest. We are SUPER excited about it. It's been hard to keep my excitement up when I've not been feeling well for so long but I'm getting it back and am already researching what stuff we'll use next year. I really do enjoy getting to teach the kids and it's fun to watch them interact together.

We pretty much always take Friday's off because I work at the store that day. But lately I've been working every other Friday. I still leave Friday free of school since Tom is home and we just try to enjoy family outings on those days. Last Friday we were all home and I came in the living room and all four kids were sitting at their school table doing work. It was precious. I LOVE that they are motivated to work on it independently even when they don't have to. Warms my heart for sure!

I probably haven't taken quite as many pictures these days through all the sicknesses but I'll post a slideshow of some of the stuff we've done....

No comments: