Thursday, February 5, 2009
Day at the Park
We had some beautiful weather for a couple days this week. Tuesday we finished up school for the day and I packed us a lunch and we headed to the park for a picnic and an afternoon of fun. It was so nice to get out in the fresh air and just enjoy the sun. We all needed it! We've really had a wonderful week of school this week. As much as I LOVE that I get to homeschool, there are days where I get discouraged. It comes with extra challenges of course. Sometimes I'm not sure if I have what it takes. Getting out of the house and just being together was food for the soul. It was a HUGE blessing to my week. Wednesday and today the kids spent a good part of the afternoon in the backyard playing and riding bikes. I enjoyed getting out there and shooting baskets with them. It's exactly what we needed and I thank the Lord for those blessings this week! I love that the kids get to spend so much time together. It truly is a blessing that we get to do this. Another wonderful blessing this week too is when I was in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast dishes and I hear my little Ryan say, "Can we start school now...I like school". That warms my heart to hear the kids excited to get started for the day. And NO it's not like that EVERYDAY. =) I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who is so supportive of our choice to homeschool and who does believe I have what it takes and who many mornings this past month wakes me up on his way out the door to work to pray for our day. That has made a WORLD of difference in my days at home. It really has. God is good!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment